Three Cups of Tea, Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin
Madame Bovary, Gustave Flaubert
The Half Brother, Lars Saabye Christensen
In Cod We Trust, Eric Dregni
War and Peace, Leo Tolstoy, with the War and Peace Awesome Reading Group
Blindness, José Saramago
Naïve, Super, Erlend Loe
My friend Katie Williams's fabulous novel manuscript
Sula, Toni Morrison
Catcher in the Rye, J.D. Salinger
The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
Kafka On the Shore, Haruki Murakami
The Botany of Desire, Michael Pollan
Autobiography of Red, Anne Carson
Out Stealing Horses, Per Petterson
Things I "Love" and Love About Oslo
The astounding number of babies
Frogner weekends...grrr
Listening to Ben berating the guy at Dell because his computer hasn't been working for three weeks and they're being ridiculous about it. Perhaps needless to say, the Norwegians don't generally make a fuss when they're displeased.
The incredulity of the Norwegians when we told them that in the U.S., sometimes school gets closed when it snows. "But how would they notify people?!" asked one.
That it snows here in October?!
Blogging. I admit it.
Watching the debate with Ben, then discussing the next day on Hovedoya. Ben: "McCain's comb-over was just so awful...I keep having flashbacks."
My new choral director, who is brilliant, even though I don't understand a word of what he's saying
Skyping with my nephews and niece and getting to hear all their piano pieces, trombone notes, and news. Wait--does that count as things I love about Oslo?
The Vigelands Park
The gluten-free scones at Kaffebrenneriet. Today I applied for a job there!
Paying nine bucks for a tea and a scone at the neighborhood coffee joint, then getting a dirty look when I ask for more water for my tea.
No comments:
Post a Comment